Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Last Days, Or It Ain't Over Until You Get A Job

After my quiet days on Ko Pha Ngan, I took a ferry to the mainland and the overnight train back up to Bangkok, discovering that all trains are not equal. Second class does not look the same on each train. Again, I had an upper berth, but this train was packed with locals. The train rolled into Bangkok's train station at 6am, and I was back in the bustling city. I spent the Sunday at the markets and checking out local art galleries. On the last day of my trip, after sleeping in, I took a cooking class at the Blue Elephant cooking school. Something I had put off due to the expense, but definitely worth it.

My only regret is that is did travel for longer. But I've got time, and my passport isn't full yet...




The Upper Berth: "Travel is glamourous only in retrospect."

No comments: